Cemap Members

CEMEX is the only eco-labeled cement company in the Philippines. Its APO Cement Plant in Naga, Cebu has received the International Management System Certification including ISO 9001:2008 , ISO 14001:2004 & OHSAS 18001:2007.


CEMEX PHILIPPINES GROUP OF COMPANIES
Office Address: 8th Floor, Petron Mega Plaza Sen. Gil
Puyat Ave., Makati City, Philippines
Telephone Nos. : +(63 2) 849-3600; 849-3700
Fax Nos.: +(63 2) 849-3619; 849-3679
Website: www.cemex.com
E-mail: erlinda.lizardo@cemex.com

1. Apo Cement Corporation

APO Cement Corporation’s beginnings can be traced as far back as 1920 when the Cebu Portland Cement Corporation (CEPOC) was formed and owned by the Philippine government. The Second World War saw control of the corporation move from Japanese to American and eventually returned to Philippine hands. Only in 1963 did the company gain its present day name of APO Cement Corporation. CEMEX S.A.B/ de C.V. together with their Filipino business partners acquired stakes in APO Cement Corporation in 1999, bringing the plant under its management sway

The investments in Solid Cement Corporation and APO Cement Corporation  gave birth to the CEMEX Philippines Group of Companies (CEMEX Philippines).

A dedicated team of employees spearheaded activities to standardize APO and Solid plant practices and facilities to conform to international operating standards. As a result of this incorporation of best practices, APO Cement recently received the Integrated (International) Management System or IMS, which now embodies the integrated systems of ISO 9001:2008 for Quality Management, ISO 14001:2004 for Environmental Management and OHSAS 18001:2007 for Occupational Health and Safety Management. Solid Cement Corporation also has been certified with all the quality management certifications mentioned above.

Its Solid Cement Plant located in Barangay San Jose, Antipolo City has received numerous international certifications including ISO 9001:2001, ISO 4001:2004, ISO 18001:2007 and ISO 17025.

2. Solid Cement Corporation

The plant facilities of Solid Cement Corporation (Solid Cement) trace its beginning to 1964 with the Marinduque Mining and Industrial Corporation at Tagbac, Antipolo, Rizal (now Antipolo City).

On January 30, 1967, the first 94-pound bag of Island Cement was in the market, through the activation of Finish Mill No. 1. A second production line was started at the plant and its construction went on from 1968 to 1969. On November 17, 1969, Kiln No. 2 was fired and put into trial operation. By January 5, 1970, Finish Mill No. 2 was operating at 100% capacity.

In 1986, the plant facilities and other assets of Marinduque Mining and Industrial Corporation, which were then foreclosed, were turned over to the Asset Privatization Trust (APT) for public disposal. Subsequently, Solid Cement, a member of the Rizal Cement Group of Companies acquired the facilities and other assets.

During the last quarter of 1997, an alliance was forged between the Madrigal Family and CEMEX S.A. de C.V., paving the way for the latter’s investments into the Rizal Cement Group of Companies.

 

 

 


 

Holcim Philippines, Inc. integrates sustainability in its daily business. The company strives to reduce its ecological footprint by keeping the air clean through its CEMS (Continuous Emissions Monitoring System) in all plants, reducing CO2 emissions and ensuring efficient energy consumption. Holcim continues to comply with global environmental standards. Recognizing that communities give it the license to operate, Holcim develops partnerships to arrive at sustainable options for their future


HOLCIM PHILIPPINES, INC.
Office Address: 7th Floor, Two World Square
Mckinley Hill, Fort Bonifacio, Taguig City
Telephone No.: +63 2 459 3333
Fax No.: +63 2 459 3444
Website: http://www.holcim.com/ph

1. La Union, Davao, Bulacan Plants

Holcim Philippines, Inc. , currently the biggest cement company in the Philippines It was created by the merger in 2000 of the three cement companies carrying the Union Cement brand, i.e., Bacnotan Cement Corporation (BCC), Davao Union Cement Corporation (DUCC) and Hi Cement Corporation (HCC).

Union has a total clinker capacity of 5.4 million metric tons per year in four plants located around the country.

Seventy percent (70%) of its shares is owned by Union Cement Holdings Corporation (UCHC), a joint venture between the PHINMA-controlled Bacnotan Consolidated Industries Inc. (BCII) and the Swiss company Holcim, one of the world’s largest cement companies

2. Lugait Plant

Holcim – Lugait is a fully integrated cement manufacturer whose capabilities cover the manufacturing, transportation and sale of cement and construction-related products. The Company was incorporated and registered with the Philippine SEC on February 7, 1968.

The Company currently operates two dry process lines in Northern Mindanao, giving the Company a combined rated clinker capacity of 1.8 million tons per year. Of these two, the larger 1.2 million MTPY line was successfully commissioned in 1998 and started commercial operation in January 1999.

The Company is also engaged in the production of aggregates through its wholly owned subsidiary, Calamba Aggregates Company, Inc. (CACI). CACI operates a 1.6 million MTPY aggregates plant in Laguna.

Compliance to environmental laws is of utmost importance to the Company. Mining, operating and distribution activities have been implemented with consideration of its impact to the environment. As a result of these efforts, the Company has not had problems securing environment permits throughout its operating history. To make sure that efforts to protect the environment moves forward, the Company embarked on an Environment Management System (EMS) program, and received certification for ISO 14001 last September 26, 2001.

 


 

The Bulacan Plant of Lafarge Republic, Inc. (LRI), a Lafarge associated company has received international certifications. QMS: ISO 9001: 2000, EMS: ISO 14001: 2004, HSMS: OSHAS 18001: 2007


LAFARGE ASSOCIATED COMPANIES
Office Address: 25th Floor, Salcedo Tower, 169 H. V.
Dela Costa Street, Salcedo Village, Makati City, Philippines
Telephone No.: +(63 2) 885-4599 / 238-9881
Fax No.: +(63 2) 815-2668 / 815-2678
Website: www.lafarge.com.ph

1. Lafarge Republic, Inc. – Bulacan Plant

Former name is Lafarge Republic, Inc. (LRI).  In the early 1950s the, Philippines faced an acute cement shortage in the domestic market. With the persuasion of the late president Ramon Magsaysay, the company was registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission.

The company began operations at an average of 10,000 bags per day. The continuous and increasing demand for local cement coupled with the confidence on the industry’s future spurred the increase in its production to a total of 50,000 bags a day. On October 15, 1986, RCC inaugurated the actual commercial production of Portland-Pozzolan cement (Type P).

The Norzagaray Plant of Lafarge Republic, Inc. (LRI), a Lafarge associated company has received international certifications. QMS: ISO 9001: 2000, EMS: ISO 14001: 2004, HSMS: OSHAS 18001: 2007

2. Lafarge Republic, Inc. (LRI) – Norzagaray Plant

The Continental cement plant was established in the 1970’s to address the country’s shortage of domestically produced cement. This eventually heralded the birth of Continental Cement Corporation (CCC), its maiden name, as one of the youngest cement plants to be built in the Luzon area. CCC started its commercial operations in August 1972.

Today the plant is equipped to produce 1,520,000 MTY clinker. In October 1998, CCC spun off the cement plant assets to Continental Operating Corporation, the shares of which were acquired by Lafarge Cement Philippines, Inc.

The company has a present workforce of 347 employees with its plant personnel working in three shifts of eight hours per shift.

The present rated capacity of the plant is 1.8 million MT of clinker annually.

3. Lafarge Republic, Inc. (LRI) – Batangas Plant

Formerly Fortune Cement Corporation (Fortune), was organized and registered in 1967. Ground breaking was held in November 1968.

The Batangas Plant of Lafarge Republic, Inc. (LRI), a Lafarge associated company has received international certifications. QMS: ISO 9001: 2000, EMS: ISO 14001: 2004, HSMS: OSHAS 18001: 2007

On May 24, 1970, a month after the test run of the first machine, the plant was inaugurated. The first bag of cement rolled out of the packhouse on September 3, 1970. Its main purpose is to engage in the manufacture of Portland cement.

The company has a present workforce of 347 employees with its plant personnel working in three shifts of eight hours per shift.

The present rated capacity of the plant is 1.8 million MT of clinker annually.

4. Lafarge Republic, Inc. (LRI) – Teresa Plant

Originated as Filipinas Cement Corporation in July 31, 1958. In July of 1987, Filipinas Cement Corporation became FR CEMENT CORPORATION under the Araneta-Lopez Vito Group which charted the company’s course for the next 10 years.

In 1997, Southeast Asia Cement Holding, Inc. (SEACEM), FRCC’s holding company went into public
listing, to boost its financial strength. Likewise, Tong Yang Cement Corporation, the second largest cement group in South
Korea became a partner, intensifying its technical capabilities. Today, FR Cement’s facilities have the capacity to produce 1,520,000. MTY Clinker.

The Teresa Plant of Lafarge Republic, Inc. (LRI), a Lafarge associated company has received international certifications. QMS: ISO 9001: 2000, EMS: ISO 14001: 2004, HSMS: OSHAS 18001: 2007

In 1998, Lafarge Cement Philippines, Inc., then the second largest cement manufacturer in the world acquired a major stake at Seacem Inc., making FR Cement a part of Lafarge’s network of world class cement manufacturers.

5. Lafarge Iligan, Inc.

May 30, 1967 saw the incorporation of a new cement company as an expansion program of Mindanao Portland Cement Corporation. On June 1 of the same year, it was registered with Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) as Iligan Cement Corporation (ICC or the Company).

In 1978, ICC forged partnership with Holderbank Management & Consulting, Ltd. Plant capacity increased from 1,000 tpd to 1,200 tpd. In 1989, the plant was rehabilitated resulting in increase in cement production to 450,000 MT. Later in 1994, Phase II of plant rehabilitation had increased plant capacity to 501,400 MT cement.

Blue Circle Philippines, Inc. (BCPI) entered the picture in July 1999 as a strategic investor and technical adviser. Since then, ICC as a corporation has strongly upheld and promoted the need for continuous product improvement.

 

 

The plant of Lafarge Iligan, Inc. (LII), a Lafarge associated company has received international certifications. QMS: ISO 9001: 2000, EMS 14001: 2004, HSMS: OSHAS 18001:2007

6. Lafarge Mindanao, Inc.

Lafarge Mindanao, Incorporated (LMI or the Company) is the 8th cement plant in Philippines and is the first cement plant in Mindanao. It was founded on May 25, 1957; and it started its operation in 1963 with a rated capacity of 500 MT clinker per day.

Since its founding, the Company has gone through several changes in management, from the Floro Group to Zeus Holdings, Inc. (Zeus) in 1995. In July 1998, Blue Circle Philippines, Inc. (BCPI) became a strategic investor in Zeus, the parent company controlling MPCC.

 

 

 

 

 


 

Northern Cement Corporation, Pangasinan, (4,000 TPD) has received international certifications ISO 9002:1994, ISO 9001:2000, ISO 14001:2004 and OHSAS 18001:1999


NORTHERN CEMENT CORPORATION
Office Address: 5th Floor, ECJ Building, Real corner
Arzobispo Sts. Intramuros, Manila City, Philippines
Telephone Nos.: +(63 2) 527-8281; 527-1924
Fax Nos.: +(63 2) 527-3931; 527-5422

Northern Cement Corporation was incorporated on February 10, 1967 and started commercial operations in 1969.

In 1990, the company undertook modification to expand its capacity. Rehabilitation on the first and second kilns was finished in 1991 and 1992 respectively. After several more upgrades, the plant is now able to provide output of 4,400 tons per day clinker.

 

 


 

Pacific Cement Philippines, Inc., whose plant is located in Surigao City, has a design capacity of 850 TPD clinker production and cement production capacity of 300,000 TPA. The company’s Integrated Management System for Quality and Environment is certified to ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001:2004.


PACIFIC CEMENT PHILIPPINES, INC.
Office Address: 4th Floor BMMC Building, 143 Dela Rosa
corner Adelantado Sts., Legazpi Village, Makati City 1229, Philippines
Telephone No.: +(63 2) 887-1111; 887-1118
Fax No.: +(63 2) 887-1119
Website: www.pacemco.com
E-mail: pacemco@pldtdsl.net

Pacific Cement Philippines, Inc. was organized and incorporated in 1964 to manufacture ordinary Portland cement. The plant comprises a Wet Process Single Production Line with an original rated capacity of 600 TPD.

In 1994, the company started a rehabilitation program then an upgrade program involving the conversion from wet to dry process. The conversion achieved an increase of clinker production from 600 to 900 TPD.

 


 

TAIHEIYO CEMENT PHILIPPINES, INC.


TAIHEIYO CEMENT PHILIPPINES, INC.
Office Address: 11th Floor Insular Life Business Centre
Cebu Business Park, Cebu City 6000, Philippines
Telephone No.: +(63 32) 230 7333
Fax No.: +(63 32) 230 7300
Website: www.taiheiyo-cement.com.ph

The Taiheiyo Cement Philippines, Inc. (formerly Grand Cement Manufacturing Corp.) was incorporated on October 6, 1989 under registry of the Philippine Securities and Exchange Commission.

Construction of its plant commenced in 1991, and started commercial operations during the last quarter of 1993 with a capacity to produce 1.1 Million MT of cement per annum.

The Taiheiyo Cement plant facility is located in the town of San Fernando, Cebu, 30 Kilometers south of Cebu City. The facility sits on a limestone deposit estimated to last at least 100 years.